Parsley is known to eliminate that bad doggy breath that simply doesn’t match that cute doggy face.
- 2 cups of parsley, chopped (stalk and leaves)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar or other strong hard cheese, grated
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup hot chicken stock or water
- 3 inch cookie cutter (bone shaped is cute)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper.
Stir together parsley, carrot, and cheese. Drizzle with olive oil. Place four in a separate bowl. Add parsley mixture into flour and mix with your hands until well combined. Gradually add in water (or stock) until you have a good, stiff dough. Knead together gently and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough out into 1/4″ thickness. Use cookie cutter to cut dough into shapes.
Lay on baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden around edges and solid to the touch. Allow to cool. Store in airtight container – keeps a couple of weeks.